Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments?
- Helps prepare the body for strenuous workouts and exercise. Reduces recovery time after strenuous workouts and exercise. Relaxes injured & overused muscles as well as reducing spasms & cramping.
- Increases blood circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into the skin tissue & vital organs to improves the tone & elasticity of the skin while removing toxins from your system.
- Relieves discomfort for clients with low back pain by releasing endorphins, the body's natural painkiller.
- Improves range-of-motion & increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces stress & anxiety and can improve your quality of sleep.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion
2. What are the contra-indications of having a massage?
If you suffer from any of the symptoms listed below you should not have a massage or participate in any fitness training:
- Contagious or infectious diseases
- Very recent operations
- Cancer unless in the terminal stages and then with medical permission.
3. What should I expect?
- Your massage therapist will try to arrive 5 - 10 minutes early to set up the table and during this time they will discuss your needs & treatment.
- Try to be ready in your bathrobe with a large bath towel wrapped around you underneath for when the therapist arrives so that the massage can begin on time.
- It is preferable that you are completely nude under your towel. If you do not feel comfortable with this then please wear suitable underwear that can be pushed to the side to allow easy access to the glutes and which a little oil can easily be washed out without leaving stains.
- When you are ready to get onto the massage table you will remove your robe and most probably start your massage lying face down on the table. Your therapist will either leave the room or hold a towel up as a screen whilst you lie down on the massage table & settle in.
- Your towel should be adjusted so that it covers your bottom but is not tucked between your body and the table, each end of the towel should fall freely on either side of the table. Your modesty will always stay securely covered! This applies to both our male and female clients.
- When you have settled in you can let your therapist know that you are ready to begin.
- We try to discourage too much conversation during bodywork sessions as this can be distracting to your relaxation and for the therapists concentration.
- Do not hesitate to tell your therapist to adjust the pressure should you prefer a stronger or lighter touch.
- Try to breathe deeply and evenly throughout the massage, do not hold your breath in! Deep rhythmic breathing improves circulation and oxygen flow allowing energy to move freely and also makes it easier for you to relax the muscles which allows the therapist to manipulate the muscles easier. Concentrating on the breathing also distracts your body from contracting when your muscles are overly sore and tired.
- During the massage your therapist will be concentrating on reading your muscles & joints, interpreting their needs & will thereby be constantly adjusting pressure and techniques where needed. Feedback is essential for a any targeted bodywork.
- Approximately 15 minutes into the session you're therapist will ask if you are happy with the massage & would like to continue. If at this time you wish to stop for whatever reasons there will be no charge whatsoever. We guarantee you a quality service and satisfaction.
- Relax and enjoy the experience!
- Once the massage has finished your therapist will excuse themselves in order to wash their hands, leaving you in privacy to get off the table and put your bathrobe on again. Please let your therapist know when you are decent so that they may return to the room to tidy & pack up.
- If paying with cash, please pay your therapist directly while they are packing their belongings.
- Remember to drink plenty of water after your session to help flush the toxins and lactic acid's that have been released into the bloodstream.
- After experiencing any of our services we invite you to leave us any feedback be it comments or suggestions for improving our services.
4. What are my responsibilities?
- Provide complete and accurate information at the time of booking.
- Make sure that the temperature of the room is appropriate, a comfortably warm room is desirable. If possible, provide extra towels or blankets for therapist to cover you with if needed.
- Prepare a suitable space for the massage table before your therapist arrives. Obviously there are space constraints in some hotel rooms and our team are adaptable to the environment.
- Try and begin the relaxation process prior to a therapist arriving. Having a shower or bath before can help begin this process.
- Put on some music that you feel is relaxing otherwise our therapists can provide music.
- Please remove all jewellery & watches and if you have long hair please attach it so that it is out of the way.
- Turn your mobile phone & television off if possible.
- Keep any children and pets away from the massage area if possible.
- Let your therapist know about any specific areas of your body that needs special care or attention as well as any health problems that might be relevant.
- It is preferable to wait until after your massage session to eat but if you must eat before then try to eat something light.
- Try to avoid drinking alcohol right before and right after your massage.
- Try to avoid any heavy lifting or straining directly after your body work.
- If you suffer from a common cold, we kindly ask if you could wear a disposable face mask in order to prevent sharing it with your therapist and spreading it to other clients. If you do not have one we can provide one for you, however, it is not an obligation, just a curtesy.
- Do not engage in any inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to illicit or sexually suggestive remarks, sexual advances & other inappropriate behaviour.
- Ensuring the health & safety of the therapist whilst at your designated premises.
5. What about the prices?
- The price of all our services varies according to the type and duration of the treatment you book. The prices listed are per person per treatment & cannot be shared between 2 or more separate people.
- However, if there are multiple consecutive bookings requested on the same premises on the same day with one service following after another by the same therapist then we offer a special rate depending on the number of services & global time your therapist will spend providing all treatments.
- For further information please enquire & book through our customer care line on: +33 (0) 6 81 17 37 65
All fees and charges are inclusive of VAT/TVA.
6. Do you provide group rates or special offers?
Yes, we do.
- If there are multiple consecutive bookings requested in the same premises on the same day with one service following after another by the same therapist then we offer a special rate depending on the number of services & global time your therapist will spend providing all treatments.
For further information please enquire & book through our customer care line on: +33 (0) 6 81 17 37 65
- We do not offer special rates if there are multiple bookings requested on the same premises on the same day at the same time with multiple therapists.
7. What is the Booking & Payment Process?
- All bookings must be made at least 1 ½ hours in advance of your desired rendezvous.
- All treatment fees are payable through our website or over the telephone as part of our telephone booking service.
- Bodyworks offers the possibility to open an account with us which would allow you to make payments by direct bank transfer if you are using our services on a regular basis throughout the ski season. Please contact us directly by telephone for further information about this option.
- You can make a booking directly through our website by booking online or by sending a request by email or telephoning us directly on +33 (0) 6 81 17 37 65 7 days a week, between 9am - 9pm.
- Your payment details will be requested at the time of booking and full payment of the service(s) is due at the time of booking & must be collected in order to confirm the booking.
- Once your booking is accepted & payment has been made, you will receive confirmation of your appointment by SMS and email.
- If you are make multiple bookings back to back in the same premises then we can provide preferential prices or group rates. Please phone directly to receive a quote.
8. How can I contact you?
- You can book online here
- Or via email by filling out the form & we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Or if you want to book or talk to a real person, please phone +33 (0) 6 81 17 37 65 7 days a week, between 9am - 9pm.
9. What happens if I want to cancel, amend or am delayed?
- You can cancel or reschedule your appointment up to 24 hours prior to your treatment with no penalty.
- You have a grace period of 15 minutes where you can cancel or reschedule your appointment with no penalty after booking your treatment if the booking is a same day appointment.
- Bookings that are being cancelled between the initial 15 minute grace period & within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment (within 23h45 minutes of the appointment time) will be charged ½ of the full payment for that booking with the exception of medical emergencies which we request a scan of proof of medical intervention.
- Bookings that are being cancelled between the initial 15 minute grace period & within 12 hours of the scheduled appointment (within 11h45 minutes of the appointment time) will be charged the full payment with the exception of medical emergencies which we request a scan of proof of medical intervention.
- Bodyworks will do everything possible to accommodate any amendments requested free of charge depending on our therapist’s availability up to 6 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- Any amendments within 6 hours of your confirmed appointment will incur a 25% service charge if your request obliges us to switch therapists.
- Any amendments within 6 hours of your confirmed appointment that does NOT oblige us to switch therapists might, but not necessarily, incur a 25% service charge.
- Please phone us on +33 (0) 6 81 17 37 65 to make any amendments to your booking.
- If fail to show up or attend your scheduled appointment at your designated premises you will be charged the full amount for the booked service.
- If you are delayed & are late for your appointment at your designated premises you will be charged the full amount for the booked service & the therapist will finish the scheduled treatment on time as per the scheduled appointment.
- If you are delayed & are late for your appointment at your designated premises & you request that the full treatment time be respected then you will be charged the full amount for the booked service plus the additional “overtime” that is due subject to the therapist availability.
10. What happens if a BODYWORKS therapist needs to cancel, amend or is delayed?
Every effort is made by our BODYWORKS team to provide you, our respected client, with highest quality service possible.
However, there may be rare unavoidable circumstances with might affect your confirmed appointment that are beyond our control such as:
- Road accidents
- Blocked roads due to heavy snow & ill-equipped tourists vehicles
- Your scheduled therapist illness or accident
- Et cetera.
In the unlikely event that one of our Bodywork therapists needs to cancel your appointment we will do everything in our power to replace that therapist with another in order to insure your booked service continues as scheduled.
If all of our therapists are unavailable then we will take the liberty to provide you with another suitable therapist from another company in order to respect & preform your booked service & scheduled time. If all of our efforts fail to provide you with an appropriate therapist in time for your confirmed appointment then you have the option of:
- Reschedule the appointment for another time with a 10% discount for the inconvenience.
- We will provide you with full reimbursement of payment.
- In the unlikely event that one of our Bodywork therapists needs to amend your appointment time you shall be contacted by head office to see if you are in agreement to the alternative proposition subject to a 10% reduction for the inconvenience. If you are unable to accommodate the requested amendment then we will do everything in our power to replace that therapist with another in order to insure your booked service continues as scheduled.
- If all of our therapists are unavailable then we will take the liberty to provide you with another suitable therapist from another company in order to respect & preform your booked service & scheduled time.
- If all of our efforts fail to provide you with an appropriate therapist in time for your confirmed appointment then we will provide you with full reimbursement of payment.
- If you or anyone on your premises engages in any inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to illicit or sexually suggestive remarks, sexual advances & other inappropriate behaviour our Bodyworks therapist has the right to terminate the treatment immediately and you shall forfeit payment in full.
In the unlikely event that one of our Bodywork therapists is unavoidably delayed & is unable to start your scheduled appointment on time due to an immediate situation such as:
- Road accidents
- Blocked roads due to heavy snow & ill-equipped tourists vehicles
- Et cetera.
Bodyworks will contact you with up to date details & projected timings.
Bodyworks will do everything in our power to resolve the situation as fast as possible within their ability.
You will be given the options below during this time:
- Continue with the scheduled appointment in which case you will be reimbursed pro-rata in direct relation to the “hands on” time that the therapist was able to complete during your confirmed appointment.
- If the therapists schedule & your schedule allows, the therapist will provide the full service with no additional charges or discounts upon their arrival to your premises.
- Cancel the appointment with half of the full payment refunded to your account.
11. What happens with my Personal Data?
Bodyworks is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In order to provide you with an online booking service, we must collect certain personal data from you. “Personal information” is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you. This may include your name, age, gender, username & password, information about your personal health past & present, address of the premises where the mobile Bodywork services will be provided, email address, phone number, billing address, & payment information (such as a credit card & bank account details). It may also include additional information that you provide in relation to your booking, either to us or to our Bodywork therapists directly as well as your customer feedback concerning the quality of your treatments & services rendered by Bodyworks & our therapists.
- Bodyworks will store your information for the following purposes:
- For use of all of our booking services, present & future.
- To confirm &/or remind you of your appointments.
- For use to contact you of any changes to your bookings.
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- To store your client consultation information for future reference for future bookings & to share that information with the relevant therapist providing any of our services to you in order to ensure quality service & reduce future consultation times down to a minimum allowing your therapist to spend more ‘hands on’ time providing your chosen body work.
- To improve our services.
- Allow you to participate in social sharing on our website.
- We will NOT disclose or share your information with third parties unless required to do so by law enforcement agencies, &/or government authorities and regulators in connection with their investigations.
- We store your collected data in our systems with the maximum discretion, intention & security possible within our means.
- Your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with the European Economic Data Protection Laws.
- We do not your personal data for marketing.
- You have certain rights in respect of the management of the personal data we hold about you. Bodyworks can provide access to view or update personal information you provided when you registered online. Bodyworks does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate time frame.
12. What are the Terms & Conditions?
This website is provided by BODYWORKS, 31 rue sainte barbe, 73350 Bozel, France. By using this website you consent to the terms and conditions below.
Whilst reasonable care is taken to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website (including these terms and conditions) at any time without notice. You must check these terms and conditions for changes each time you intend to use this website. Bodyworks provides this website on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or the content contained on it (including any text, graphics, advertisements, measurements, links or other item) and disclaims all such representations and warranties. Opinions expressed on this website are not statements of fact. In addition, neither we nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or give any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either express or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, suitability, fitness for purpose, completeness, or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free. Nothing on this website shall be regarded or taken as financial advice.
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, we and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this website.
- Intellectual Property
The copyright in this website and its content belong to Bodyworks. You may not make a permanent copy of or reproduce this website or any of its contents in any form. You may not reproduce or incorporate this website or any of its contents into any other website.
- Interruptions and Omissions in This Service
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, the Internet is not always a stable medium, and errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time. As a result, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it).
If any part of our terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
This website contains links to third party websites over which Bodyworks has no control. Bodyworks assumes no responsibility for the content of third party websites or for any losses which may arise out of use of a third party website. The presence of a link to a third party does not necessarily mean that Bodyworks endorses that site or has or has not any association with the proprietor of that website.
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
The Bodyworks website may include plugins from social networks or other third parties. An example of a plugin is the Facebook “Like” button. Where legally permitted, these plugins may communicate with and send information to the party that provided the plugin, even if you do not click on the plugin. This information may include your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are visiting on our site. Loading, using or clicking the plugins may also place, read and transmit cookies. These cookies may contain a unique identifier the social network or third party assigns to you. The loading, functionality and your use of the plugins are governed by the privacy statement and terms of the party that provided the plugin.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our site, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the site and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. We may also receive information you have made available to those third party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, location, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favourite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the third party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
Social Network and Third-Party Login.
The Bodywork website may allow you to log in using a social network or other third-party account. An example of a third-party login is “Log in with Facebook.” Logging into our website with your social network or other third-party account may allow us to gather information that you give us permission to access from that social network or third party. The login feature may also transfer information to the social network or third party, such as your username and password, to authenticate you. The social network or third party may also automatically collect information such as your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are visiting on our site. The login feature may also place and read cookies from that third party that may contain a unique identifier the social network or other third party assigns to you. The functionality of and your use of the login is governed by the privacy statement and terms of the party that provided the login functionality.
User Generated Content
Please remember that any information you submit or post as user-generated content to Social Media sites become public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in such submissions or posts. Leggett Immobilier cannot prevent others from using such information in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. Leggett Immobilier is not responsible for the results of such postings.
Bodyworks takes the security and privacy of its clients and contacts about whom it holds personal information extremely seriously. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information given to us in order to prevent unauthorised access. The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not rent, exchange or sell your personal information to marketers outside of Bodyworks and our Bodywork therapists. Personal data is held on our database for a maximum of 3 years after the end of any commercial relationship, as the legislation advices; and 5 years after the end of any business relationship unless otherwise requested.
In accordance with the law ‘Informatique et Libertés’, today replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), clients can ask for the access, the modification, removal or the portability of their personal data.
Bodyworks does not sell, rent or otherwise deal in the personal information we hold with third parties. Information may, in the ordinary course of business, move between ourselves and our contractors, which may involve the transfer of data outside the European Economic Area. By using this website you consent to such transfer. Bodyworks does everything in its power so that its partners &/or therapists respect the same engagements as theirs regarding the protection of your data. For Further Information on Data Protection and Privacy please see our Privacy Statement.
Bodyworks will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfil your request. Where we need to manage your account and protect you against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, we will do so in accordance with our legal obligation placed on us under law. You will of course be informed if such situation should arise
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The legal data retention period is of 5 years starting at the end of the business relationship, concerning data and documents relating to the identity of the customer.
Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at:
℅ customer services
31 rue sainte barbe
We will cease processing your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable following our receipt of your withdrawal.
Updates to our Privacy Statement:
Bodyworks reserves the right to amend, update and change our privacy statement at our own discretion while respecting the applicative laws. All updates to Bodyworks privacy statement will be made available on our website.
13. What are the Bodyworks Legalities?
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- By booking any of our Bodywork services & therapists via our online booking platform, by email or by our customer call line you agree to to respect our terms that have been laid out in our website & shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French law.
- Bodyworks and its therapists specialise in wellness massages. We do not offer medical physiotherapy services but we can refer upon request.
- Bodyworks est spécialisé dans le massage bien-être. Nous n'offrons pas de service de kinésithérapie médicale mais nous pouvons vous référer sur demande.
- Bodywork praticiens sont agréés à FFMBE, RCS Chambery 444537906
- Bodyworks collects all payments on behalf of our independent therapist to whom we charge an ‘Agent's Booking Fee’.
- By communicating your personal data to any representative of BODYWORKS you agree for your data to be used in the manner outlined in the following : Terms & Conditions & Privacy Statement
℅ customer services
31 rue sainte barbe
- BODYWORKS & the Bodyworks website is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites on our Useful Links Page. Linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee the content of our partner links nor that they will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
14. Third-party service providers
We engage third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request, and we contractually require that they protect this information appropriately and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a 3rd party service provider to :
- Develop our website
- Develop our visibility (portals, partners)
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
- Subcontract our accounting
- Subcontract our informatics department
- Maintain our electronic devices
- Formalise our transactions (Banks &/or other financial institutions)